Puppy 4.31 gnucash .pet?

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
paule

Puppy 4.31 gnucash .pet?

#1 Post by paule »

Has someone made a .pet for gnucash that will work with Puppy 4.31?

I am runniing Puppy 4.31 (MacPup Opera 2) full install on my laptop and cannot run later versions of Puppy. I have tried the latest Lucid pet but it will not work. Tried to get it to work by adding the libraries that it said were missing, but in the process managed to break Rox and had to do a complete reinstall.

Searches on the Forums here and google searches on the net have revealed nothing so far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

cheers, Paul

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

How about this Paul? I'm guessing an earlier version might be the way to go.. Have you got a working Java pkg?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

paule

#3 Post by paule »

Thanks for the reply. I have the file, but not sure how to install it, which is why I was hoping to find a .pet file. Also, I do not have java installed because none of my other programs require it.

Any suggestions as to which java I should get, and how I would install that file?

cheers, Paul

darry1966

#4 Post by darry1966 »

paule wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have the file, but not sure how to install it, which is why I was hoping to find a .pet file. Also, I do not have java installed because none of my other programs require it.

Any suggestions as to which java I should get, and how I would install that file?

cheers, Paul
[/url]http://www.412collection.co.uk/document.html

paule

#5 Post by paule »

Hi Darry,

That answers the java question, but I am still in the dark as to how to install the Jgnash program.

Really appreciate the step in the right direction.

paule

#6 Post by paule »

darry1966 wrote:
paule wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have the file, but not sure how to install it, which is why I was hoping to find a .pet file. Also, I do not have java installed because none of my other programs require it.

cheers, Paul
[/url]http://www.412collection.co.uk/document.html
Thanks for the pointer, but the Jgnash requires Jave 1.7.0
will have to find that version in pet form.

paule

#7 Post by paule »

Thanks everyone for the replies. Found a .pet for Java 1.7.0 and figured out how to run the gnucash file.

Appreciate everyones' time and attention.

cheers, Paul