Freedom always prevails

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
FreedomFighter

Freedom always prevails

#1 Post by FreedomFighter »

John Murga truly is a patriot. To go out of his way and create an extra place for those who wish to promote freedom.

Here is to all the pups who sent me private messages & e-mails.
To all that don't have the structure in their lives to stand up for your beliefs and GOD given rights.

Your Truly,
KlhRevolutionist

Nathan F

#2 Post by Nathan F »

Glad you're back :wink:

JohnMurga
Site Admin

Re: Freedom always prevails

#3 Post by JohnMurga »

FreedomFighter wrote:John Murga truly is a patriot. To go out of his way and create an extra place for those who wish to promote freedom.
Thanks for the complements ;-)

Hopefully you know there is very much a place here for you.

But ... I am not a patriot ...

I have dual Spanish/British citizenship, so the the closest I have to a natrionality is "European".

I am just a guest here in the US on account of my "skills".

Cheers
JohnM

Flash
Official Dog Handler

Data Mining 101: Finding Subversives with Amazon Wishlists

#4 Post by Flash »

saintlangton

#5 Post by saintlangton »

From the last comment on the link flash posted:
Purchase Circles
Submitted by Tom Owad on January 8, 2006 - 2:19am.

Amazon's Purchase Circles, which list "uniquely popular" books for various locations and organizations, are pretty interesting. Compare books bought by Microsoft employees with those bought by Apple employees.

bugman

#6 Post by bugman »

I belong to a bookseller's forum that routinely bans users (who sell through and pay fees to the site hosting the forum) for squabbling, unpleasant language, et. I have been warned, banned and re-instated. A few sellers have been banned for life, and one has been banned from even accessing the thing. Another seller has started an alternative forum for the banned sellers and others where everything goes...

So, I too salute John Murga, but not as a "patriot", but merely as a person with a well-developed sense of freedom. As shocking as it is that booksellers would be so censored, it would be even more distasteful to silence those in the Free/Open Source community.

bugman

#7 Post by bugman »

The Apple people seem to be a little more well-rounded. Funny that the M$ people read so much about their own products; don't they know how the stuff works?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

bugman wrote:I belong to a bookseller's forum that routinely bans users (who sell through and pay fees to the site hosting the forum) for squabbling, unpleasant language, et. I have been warned, banned and re-instated.
8)
Part of Open Source is an open attitude. I spent a lot of time with wikipedia and wikibooks. The degree of cencorship was unbelievable and in the end intolerable (and is now being addressed by Jimmy Wales the founder).

In the area of metaphysics, supposidely the search for truth, again narrowness and opinion is valued where it agrees with the majority perception.

It seems that people know what is true and correct as long as it concurs with their expectations.

It is why I sometimes advocate and sometimes denigrate the operating system Windows. Or make fun of and at other times defend Bill Gates.

Living with a fluid truth means being open to the recepticle. Which in my case happens to be a sieve.
8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

bugman

#9 Post by bugman »

If your receptacle is a sieve I would recommend "Exploits & Opinions of Dr. Faustroll, Pataphysician" by Alfred Jarry. His vehicle is a sieve. Very funny book, but naturally pataphysical rather than meta...