Multi-sesson DVD failed to boot after one save

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
paulsiu

Multi-sesson DVD failed to boot after one save

#1 Post by paulsiu »

I just started with puppy linux and tried out the multisession DVD feature. I created a DVD without closing the DVD. All seems fine, so I save a file in the file system. When I shutdown, I had it save to the DVD. It save to DVD without errors (at least it did not display any error), but when I attempt to boot up using the DVD, the DVD failed to boot.

I notice that that I am not alone. Is this feature buggy? What do you think happened?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Are you using a laptop? They seem to have a problem with multisession. No one seems to know why. Multisession DVD (any kind of DVD) is rock solid for me on 2 different desktops. One of them is a 6-year-old H-P Pavilion, the other one I built from parts bought at a computer store..
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

paulsiu

OK, it appears to be a problem with the DVD drive

#3 Post by paulsiu »

It appears that the multisession DVD just won't boot on the NEC 3550A drive is not booting the DVD properly. It's not Puppy at all. I managed to get to work on my laptop. Too bad the video doesn't work too well on it.