What is your favorite Murphy's Law saying

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
nubc

What is your favorite Murphy's Law saying

#1 Post by nubc »

Arthur Bloch compiled a complete Murphy's Law collection in a 1990 book. It's loaded with laughs and wisdom. What is your favorite ML saying?

Okay, here's my fave...

Shirley's Law: Most people deserve each other.

It's kinda funny, and a great play on words and meaning, slyly recursive and reflexive, plural and singular, short and terse yet speaks volumes, simple yet thought-provoking, plus it's sort of true. I have no idea who Shirley is.

Moose On The Loose

Re: What is your favorite Murphy's Law saying

#2 Post by Moose On The Loose »

nubc wrote:Arthur Bloch compiled a complete Murphy's Law collection in a 1990 book. It's loaded with laughs and wisdom. What is your favorite ML saying?

Okay, here's my fave...

Shirley's Law: Most people deserve each other.

It's kinda funny, and a great play on words and meaning, slyly recursive and reflexive, plural and singular, short and terse yet speaks volumes, simple yet thought-provoking, plus it's sort of true. I have no idea who Shirley is.
I few I can think of right now but I don't know the authors:

Any attempt to account for error introduces more procedure, hence more error.

If it can be explained by stupidity, you need look no further.

Stupidity combined with good intentions leads to more harm than evil.

The 4th rule: There is no rule #4

In electronics and other engineering: The word "obsolete" often means that the guy who knew how to run the machine that makes them retired and nobody currently working there even knows where the on switch is.

Without good software (AKA Puppy Linux) a PC is just a 32/64 bit paperweight.

Organizations will always standardize on the 2nd worst option.

Much documentation is written by people who didn't want you to understand it and didn't want to write it and were forced to do so by their boss with too short of a deadline.

Any document explaining the importance of spellling will contain spelling errorz.