I can't connect to my mail [SOLVED]

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
pp4mnklinux

I can't connect to my mail [SOLVED]

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

I know this is not a puppy related question, so excuse me, but you are my last resource.

GOOD MORNING:

I'm out of my country, and when connecting to gmail, it says that I can't connect because I'm doing it from an unknown place and must veryfy than it's me who try to connect.- I can't use my phone and mail to verify (I changed my phone number and my recovery mail is a google account too). How can I appear connected from a specific town? THANKS A LOT.
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

enrique

#2 Post by enrique »

Simplest possible solution is use a VPN. I simple free solution is openvpn. To find a free config, ou can use let say https://www.vpngate.net/en/,

But for companies like google using AI Artificial Intelligence, well that may not be enough. They can always find ways to track you.

Now your big problem like the rest of the word is using Google resources. The problem is that after 911 US Inteligence/Goverment force close down almost all competence in the free email arena around the word. And the ones that survived well Google purchased them. Yes most almost 90% of all free email services are already own by Google. Let me give you my case. Been from Spanish speaking I use providers in Spain, they are all gone, So in my case I did move to mail.com later to gmx.com now all own by google.

So try the vpn and lets us know if you resolve your problem.

pp4mnklinux

It doesn't work

#3 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi, Enrique, and thanks for your suggestion:

Before asking this, I tryed with VPN (Touch VPN) and zProxy, but I found a problem because the proxys don't are from my country so I change the location but I can't put my country.

So the problem is the same. Thanks a lot, but I want to know how to put it in Edinburg.

Is there a web page where I can introduce a specific IP to make me connect to the sites I want?

THANKS A LOT
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(121.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

RedQuine

#4 Post by RedQuine »

Don't know if this will help, but have you tried https://www.google.com/support/accounts ... ra&ctx=ara ? Or https://support.google.com/accounts if that doesn't work.

pp4mnklinux

thanks

#5 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi:

Thanks for your help but...

I can't change phone or mail if I can't log into my account

When I go back to my home I update my info, so I can log from outside England.

The problem with the recovery option is than I dont want to update or change my password. I use lastpass to control it and I can't access lastpass now for the same reason.

Thanks a lot.

enrique

#6 Post by enrique »

You mention Edinburg & England. I guess you claim you are from Edinburgh, Scotland. If that correct any United Kingdom VPN or proxy will be good enough.

So you just go to https://www.vpngate.net/en/ look down to the UK Flag and download the OpenVPN Config. It comes in UDP or TCP.

Here I am giving you 4 UK configs in this attachment.

You can always look for a proxy.
Now the problem is that Google had Identify YOU as untranslatable. Chance are the Google will require you to further identify as been in UK. Like sending you a SMS Cellphone message. Better to create a new Email away from Google reach.

For low risk email you can use a "Disposable Temporary E-Mail Address" vist h__s://www.guerrillamail.com/

I forgot rename file from OpenVPN.tar.xz.gz to OpenVPN.tar.xz then you can untar.

gz is added so that the forum accepts it.
Attachments
OpenVPN.tar.xz.gz
(28.04 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

pp4mnklinux

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP

#7 Post by pp4mnklinux »

THANKS