Organized PPM .packages directory structure

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
mistfire

Organized PPM .packages directory structure

#1 Post by mistfire »

I noticed that /root/.packages of PPM was heavily cluttered. The package database, repo lists, and installed package files are all in one place. I suggest that PPM must be revised in order to make those files reorganized in this manner for easy troubleshooting.

/root/.packages/database - for package database
/root/.packages/installed - for installed package files
/root/.packages/repo - for repo list
/root/.packages/system - for installed system packages

I hope you consider my suggestions. Thank you

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I think on a vanilla install it's manageable (~19 files), but once you install a lot of pets it can get ugly, so having at least a folder for "user installed pets" (like how there's one for built-in pets) would clear that up, for sure, so I do agree with that part, having user installed pets in it's own sub-folder might make more sense. What to call this directory, user_files? I think the other things you mentioned are fine in the /root/.packages directory though and easier to find/grab if they're all in the same place.

mistfire

#3 Post by mistfire »

I successfully reorganized the ./package directory and also I need to revised the PPM scripts to make it work on my x-slacko slim puplet.

mistfire

#4 Post by mistfire »

Orgnized PPM .packages directory structure is now implemented on latest iteration of x-slacko slim. I revised also the puppy remaster script because it was heavily dependent on that path.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107313

mistfire

#5 Post by mistfire »