UEFI bootable setup

Booting, installing, newbie
UncleScrooge

UEFI bootable setup

#1 Post by UncleScrooge »

So I used f2stickpup, chose the "this" option, and ended up with this as expected

ImageGparted

the f2fs partition has a root directory named "bionicpup64" in which I got this:

I guess I need to add some lines to the grub.cfg in the fat32 root, which at the moment looks like this

Code: Select all

#
set default=0
set timeout=5

set menu_color_normal='yellow/blue'
set menu_color_highlight='black/cyan'

if [ $grub_platform = 'efi' ]; then
    loadfont /boot/grub/fonts/DejaVuSansMono18.pf2
    set gfxmode=auto
    terminal_output gfxterm
fi

if [ $grub_platform = 'efi' ]; then
    menuentry 'System BIOS setup' {
        fwsetup
    }
fi
menuentry "Shutdown computer" {
    halt
}
menuentry "Reboot computer" {
    reboot
}
and all I get when booting UEFI as choices are the three listed in the code above.

PS: I know this will sound trivial for the most of you guys, and that probably I'd find the way rummaging through the dedicated threads, but I'm in a kind of turmoil at the moment with other stuff rushing super urgent throughout my day, so please be tolerant, as much as you all have been (tolerant and very supportive actually) so far.

PPSS: this was actually a post intended for this thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=118610
but I must have messed up something and just started a new thread. sorry about that mods.

Terry H

#2 Post by Terry H »

Attached are 2 stanzas from my UEFI installation on a USB flash drive. The first partition on the flash drive sdb1 is the EFI boot partition. This shows booting a puppy from the internal SSD (sda4) and the other from the second partition on the USB drive (sdb2, this could also be sdc2 depending on whether other flash drives are inserted). I use the UUID to identify root, but you can use other identifiers, Label, etc. This shows a variety of parameters that can be used.

Code: Select all

menuentry "Buster32 8.0 Beta 1 k-4.19.68 (Frugal install on sda4)" {

search --set -f /busterpup_8.0/vmlinuz

linux /busterpup_8.0/vmlinuz root=UUID=ebd5b2bf-b486-448c-b7bd-d5ba23552aee psubdir=busterpup_8.0 pmedia=ataflash intel_pstate=disable

initrd /busterpup_8.0/initrd.gz

}

menuentry "Bionicpup64 8.0.0 CE RC (Frugal install on sdb2)" {

search --set -f /bionic64/vmlinuz

linux /bionic64/vmlinuz root=UUID=a4f01c9a-d3a0-4964-bfa5-45ec02253982 psubdir=bionic64 pfix=fsck,ram pmedia=usbflash

initrd /bionic64/initrd.gz

}

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Discussion continued in this thread.