appimage request

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
jadaro

appimage request

#1 Post by jadaro »

Does an appimage of easydd exist?
If not I would like to request that one be made
Appreciate any help on this request

Keef

#2 Post by Keef »

Hello jadaro,

This is not really the best forum section for this request, but it is easy enough to answer - no there isn't.
EasyDD is just a script. Doesn't even need to be installed, just click on it. An AppImage would be a bit pointless.

mikeslr

#3 Post by mikeslr »

Have you tried following the instructions here? http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 14#1011814

Mike Walsh

Re: appimage request

#4 Post by Mike Walsh »

jadaro wrote:Does an appimage of easydd exist?
If not I would like to request that one be made
Appreciate any help on this request
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...was answered by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keef wrote:This is not really the best forum section for this request, but it is easy enough to answer - no there isn't.
EasyDD is just a script. Doesn't even need to be installed, just click on it. An AppImage would be a bit pointless.
Ummm.....actually, there is. Depends what you want it for, though.

A while back, when we were playing around with BK's script, at that same time I was experimenting with Fred's build-scripts which Mike quoted above. Barry provided a 'statically'-compiled dd binary, although this was a 32-bit one.

Anyway; just for the hell of it, I threw together not only a .pet, but also an AppImage, a self-extracting script and a Rox-App. Simply because, well.....because I could.

(Yah, I agree, Keef. It was a bit pointless, TBH. But there ended up being this binary involved, because some of us (greengeek, for one) were having issues getting Barry's script to behave itself with older versions of 'dd', as used by older Puppies.)

ONE thing I'm not certain about. I know this is a statically-compiled binary, thus, all 'linkers' are kinda 'built-in', somehow (never did understand how this works, TBH). Although ELF-32, Barry stated it'll work in any Puppy - his own EasyOS is 64-bit only, and that's where this came from. I've just tried it in Bionicpup64 - ATM, I only have 64-bit Pups set-up on this new machine - and it worked fine. However, I always have the 32-bit_compat_libs SFS loaded, in order to run WINE, so.......I don't really know the answer to this one.

---------------

Anyways. Jadaro, if you're interested, you can find 'em all here, at my Google Drive:-

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Your choice. They do work.

Mike. :wink: