S̶k̶y̶N̶e̶t̶ StarLink, 30,000 satellites & Elon Musk

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
perdido

S̶k̶y̶N̶e̶t̶ StarLink, 30,000 satellites & Elon Musk

#1 Post by perdido »

SkyNet was the Ai entity in the movie The Terminator.
The current real name of this operation is Starlink, not SkyNet.

Musk was chosen as a figurehead for a preposterous developement that would never be undertaken by a single company.
Just as Howard Hughes was used as a figurehead to mine manganese modules in the Pacific with his ship, The Glomar Explorer,
which was a CIA operation to recover a russian sub. This time the stakes are control of the world. CIA has to be behind it.

30,000 satellites are more than all the number launched since 1958 (25,000)
12,000 have been approved for launch with final total potentially reaching 42,000 satellites.
This whole operation does not pass the smell test.

Very little chit-chat about this except awe because "look at what musk is doing"
Musk is not doing but believe what you will.

There is currently authorization for the first 12,000 satellites with a possibility of deploying up to 42,000 (is that all?)

Total cost of the project estimated at US$10 Billion. Do the math on 12,000 satellites, launches, ground support, people, etc. and it just does not add up.$100,000 per satellite. Impossible.

Actual cost will easily exceed $1-2 Million per satellite but they know if the real cost was exposed (a minimum $120-240 Billion for 12,000 units) it would be known that this cannot possibly be a project from Musk.
42,000 units would exceed $1 Trillion dollars.

In reality each unit probably costs many millions of dollars, but what we don't know can't hurt us, can it.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hi perdido.

You lost me. Do sending these new satellites in orbit have something to do with the
new Space Force the US wants to set up?

In any case, if you can provide any URLs as background reference, I'll read some!

TIA.

Season's Greetings, BTW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. To add to the confusion, we have a Skynet Telecom in Canada:
https://www.skynettelecom.ca/en/promotions
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

perdido

#3 Post by perdido »

musher0 wrote:Hi perdido.

You lost me. Do sending these new satellites in orbit have something to do with the
new Space Force the US wants to set up?

In any case, if you can provide any URLs as background reference, I'll read some!

TIA.

Season's Greetings, BTW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. To add to the confusion, we have a Skynet Telecom in Canada:
https://www.skynettelecom.ca/en/promotions
Season's Greetings!

You already connected a couple of dots that I did not mention. The "space force" and similarity in naming with many already existing companies/projects. No links for what I wrote but there are links to starlink musk that show what the alleged logic of starlink is.

Remember when Obama officially put an end to NASA going it alone and started using the russians to get to the ISS? That was probably the start of this mess. Opened the door for the boy genius front. Also explains how Musk can be so cocky knowing he will not be permitted to go out of business, and lately Musk has been proclaiming the evils of Ai. Since he proclaims the evils of Ai the loudest, methinks the lady doth protest too much considering he is propelling his tesla with Ai. Search the internet and there is a lot of info about the "evil artificial intelligence" narrative from Musk. Too much.

I don't have anything but a hunch this isn't what they imply it is but it does not all seem legit though when connecting the dots. Everything too coincidental and convenient plus it plays into the never-ending story too well. Add the CIA into the picture for taste and it creates the full meal. Unless there is a more secret entity behing it all which is possible once you consider all the convenience of who the "chosen enemies"(russia) are is playing into the "space force" narrative plus it gives reason for allowing private companies to team with NASA if Russia, once our new taxi company but now our enemy again, has the potential to deny us service.

Just use your search engine and use starlink musk as the search, you will see the info that has been conjured up to amaze the crowd. A new satellite internet company seems like a believable thing but those have already been going on for real for 20-years now with starband & others, and this "Starlink" is supposed to be for world coverage when most of the civilized world is already covered by satellite internet. Simply decreasing latency of some milliseconds cannot possibly be a good enough reason to deploy 12,000 to 40,000 new satellites. It don't pass the smell test. Too much of this does not make sense, especially economically unless tax money is involved.

perdido

#4 Post by perdido »

Some background.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/11/scie ... lites.html

Why is FCC involved in satellites launched over the entire globe?
That is only a US Agency. Hmm.

jafadmin

#5 Post by jafadmin »

All will be revealed, soon enough. If the Starlink Network delivers the coverage and speed as advertised, then it's obvious the small ( 1.1 m × 0.7 m × 0.7 m) "flatpack" satellites are performing exactly as described.

If, however, they don't deliver the groundbreaking speed and coverage as advertised, we will know that they are initiating some "monkey business" .. :wink:

Canuckistanians will be the primary beneficiaries of the techno-coolness, since those in remote parts of the Canadian wilderness will now be able to easily post selfies on Instagram. Expect the selfie stick market to explode in those remote areas .. 8)

musher0

#6 Post by musher0 »

@jafadmin

Canuckistanians, eh? You forgot the "h"! :lol:
As in Canuckisthan! :twisted:
Tit for tat, I guess it's ok now to call you "Yankee"?! :lol:

@perdido
Yeah, I read some news last Spring about astronomers being upset by a bunch of false
stars launched by SpaceX.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

jafadmin

#7 Post by jafadmin »

musher0 wrote:@jafadmin
Tit for tat, I guess it's ok now to call you "Yankee"?! :lol:
Absolutely!! 10th generation! :D

Burn_IT

#8 Post by Burn_IT »

And I thought the increase in sales of tin foil was to wrap the Turkey in!!!
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

musher0

#9 Post by musher0 »

No-no. You're talking about aluminum foil, there, not tin foil. :lol: :twisted:
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

jafadmin

#10 Post by jafadmin »

musher0 wrote:No-no. You're talking about aluminum foil, there, not tin foil. :lol: :twisted:
The UK was one of the primary tin exporters of the Bronze Age. They know their tin, there.

musher0

#11 Post by musher0 »

Brits wrap their Christmas turkey in tin foil? Won't cook well, the tin foil is too thick. :lol:
Come to think of it, they don't have turkeys, unless imported from the You S. :twisted:
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Burn_IT

#12 Post by Burn_IT »

It is just that some of us older Brits call it tin foil whatever it is made from.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett