Mudita Pure

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
labbe5

Mudita Pure

#1 Post by labbe5 »

https://fossbytes.com/mudita-pure-the-m ... y-offline/

Most phone manufacturers are pushing to equip devices with more and more features. We’ve arrived at a point where it’s more than a simple task just to enumerate the various features of any run-of-the-mill smartphone. Even feature phones are approaching parity with the smartphones of ten years ago. There’s an obvious trend.

But Mudita is going against the grain with the Pure and removing all unrequired features and distractions.

The ability to get online with your cellphone was a turning point in technology. Now, the always-connected-ness of modern cellphones is just as much a burden as it is a marvel. Our mobile devices have become such an intrinsic part of our daily lives like they’re an external organ. Whether you’re staying connected to work, social media, or just need those dank memes, our phones provide an intravenous feed of content catered to our lives, a bespoke set of stimulants.

I still do not get it : how come so many people are hooked to their phones? First, the screen is so small it hurts the eyes. Secondly, the keyboard is so small, your fingers are not nimble enough, or are too big, to be able to do anything with it. I do not even speak about the security nightmare represented by Wi-FI and GPS being on all the time, and the conflicting nature of driving and texting, or driving and speaking over the phone. In the heat of the conversation, you do not see the red light, and bang!...

I decided early in the process of using a smartphone : if you care to speak to me, use the built-in phone. Do not bother using social media. First and foremost, i want my private life to be private, and stay private. Or email me. Once in a while, i will check my emails.

So my smartphone is always offline. I do not need a Minimalist Phone That Wants You to Stay Offline. By just switching off internet, you are offline, whatever smartphone you have, it is so obvious that i feel as a five-years old just writing it down.

A far better choice as a buyer would be Librem 5.
https://www.itwire.com/mobility/first-b ... pping.html
Last edited by labbe5 on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hey everyone! How about a good old land line? :D
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

J_D_

#3 Post by J_D_ »

musher0 wrote:Hey everyone! How about a good old land line? :D
I still have a land line. Sort of. Its VOIP so I guess thats not technically a land line but its a phone that I cant take away from home. I dont spend much time on my smart phone either. Almost never use it on the internet.

rockedge

#4 Post by rockedge »

this the exact phone I use...original, have it from my parent's house.
out performed every phone I've had since in longevity. dropped, fallen untold times since 1972.

works well to this day on my landline
Attachments
red-phone-600px.jpg
(31.08 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

foxpup

#5 Post by foxpup »

@rockedge
Very nice phone. I love the color. Most were gray or black.
My children would not know how to "dial a number". :)

Galbi

#6 Post by Galbi »

The brand 'Mudita', for the spanish-speaking market, and specially for a phone, it's kind of a joke.

'Mudita', in spanish, it's a tiny woman that can't speak (sort of 'little mute').

Well, I leave you now, I'm going to see the moon through my 'Blind' telescope, while listening music in 'Deaf' headphones...

:D
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

infromthepound

#7 Post by infromthepound »

The only good thing I can say about messier is that when my wife started using it the (Line, we are in a black spot for mobile) phone bill dropped by over 2/3rds in spite of much more use.
JB