Other distros: Well, but our gub4dos ?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
oui

Other distros: Well, but our gub4dos ?

#1 Post by oui »

I did test today an interesting rare distro named Septor (Distrowatch update a few days ago!) based on Debian testing.

After that, as I didn't want to preserve it on my PC, I did also test Deepin, according Distrowatch 2009-03-05 ,

Both did install their own boot loader. Debian did made the bootloader from Deepin after update from Septor unoperable :twisted: .

War under Linux's?

Ok, I must accept it. But also my own bootloader, actually grub4dos, as my main OS is Puppy, also was away.

Which technic / tactic are you using to protect your PC against that autoritaire arbitraire of developers and GNU (as GNU is really complice with the design of it's GRUB)?

I did reinstall gnu4dos

It did find Septor but not the right way for Deepin and did not recognize at all Android-86 probably 64 bit (the 3thd test...).

Is gnu4dos really so top :roll: :?:

(note: all that is erased this evening. I would like to preserve Deepin being a fantastic distro offering about NO LIMITS concerning the proposed applications (excepted if you wish those being really classed obsolete like xvidcap, one of the goodies I like because I know how to handle it and am not willing to discover a new wheel being only a new wheel and not more for me! Those, like Xvidcap, or Merkaartor for land maps designers, are not proposed. But the other ones!!! Impressionant! And the desktop and view finishing! Compliments, Deepin!) but Deepin erases the partition created ext2 did say my Puppy Gparted in BionicPup64. Hm, not good as I only want one unique partition on my HD excepted such tests like today!