Geany projects

Booting, installing, newbie
gary

Geany projects

#1 Post by gary »

Trying to use Geany to create programming projects in C. I am having trouble including files into the project and/or knowing which files Geany presumes are even in the project (if any)? In other words...

1) Is it enough to simply create a project folder then copy all your files into the folder, or do have to explicitly tell Geany to include X Y and Z?

2) How do you know what files Geany has included in your project; is there a table or list you can check?

3) IEven i you don't use the project feature, how do you issue command line switches to Geany (the ones you would use on the console line) when you use Geany's compile and build functions? For instance, if I want to include a certain library or .h file?

I read the Geany manual, and have built programs on Macs and PCs with other IDEs, but Geany still stumps me. Perhaps the project feature is a kinda "IDE wanna be", but everyone still uses it as an editor and does their own command line compiling? I like the idea of using the project feature because all your sources are consolidated, but if it's more trouble than it's worth, then I'll just fall back to console builds.
[b]Hasten Slowly![/b]