Sagora: application for musical practice

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Galbi

Sagora: application for musical practice

#1 Post by Galbi »

It allows to connect multiple users in a virtual room and transmit audio in real time without canceling the signals, as usual in platforms commonly used for teleconferencing. This specific aspect makes it an extremely useful application for musical practice, in the cultural industry and education sectors, since it makes music rehearsals and/or concerts possible using the internet.

https://www.sagora.org/index-en.html

(Haven't tested myself, not a musician :cry: )
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

wiak

#2 Post by wiak »

It sounds interesting. Using Jack underneath and Qt interface. Would be interesting to know more about how it works but not much information on the website yet, though perhaps that's a work in progress.

I have only once experimented very slightly with Jack audio interface myself - I can't remember the program I was using but was for using computer as a guitar amplifier with processing. Had a plug panel that could be used for patching in stereo or mono or different input/output sources. So anything that helps use Jack sounds (no pun intended) interesting to me. And anything from university research environments, as Sagora is, tends to be fascinating.

wiak