Installed Korganizer from ppm but it won't start

Booting, installing, newbie
memo

Installed Korganizer from ppm but it won't start

#1 Post by memo »

Hi all,

can I get korgnizer to work on xenialpup 32 , if yes, then how. I found it in the ppm and installed it but it doesnt start.

regards,
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Memo mate, that's a GIGANTIC KDE-centric pkg not @ all suited for Pup.

If you're running Thunderbird or Seamonkey mail, there's Lightning.

Don't foget you have Osmo there in the menu.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

memo

#3 Post by memo »

hey Semme , thanks for your reply. Actually I have found it installed in legacy OS puppy derivative and it is very minimalistic and I liked it alot, so I thought it an be also implemented into my xenialpup.
Last edited by memo on Wed 27 May 2020, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Xenial = 325mbs / Legacy = 730mbs

The extra mbs here are? Yep! You guessed it - LIBS!

Pup can be whatever you want it to be, sometimes not without trouble.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

memo

#5 Post by memo »

I do not mind the extra space, that is fine but I would like it to work, well if I can :)
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

By the time you load something like Korganizer you may as well choose a distro that comes with the KDE desktop pre-configured. Take a look @ Osmo. It should be there in your menu under Personal.

memo

#7 Post by memo »

well, my xenialpup is already more than 7 gigs, the main idea is to use it as the main operating system, so I need more app and configs than the stock apps. what I like about Korgnizer is that it is a alife orgnizer from journal to notes to contacts to calander , all in one place. so I were hoping to get it to work on my system, but I understand that not all the apps can work wihout a problem.
Xanialpup 7.5 32 bit

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

The best way to tell what's preventing it from running is by loading the devx, a great idea if you intend to make Pup your "go to" machine, then run ldd against the Korganizer binary and let it tell you what's missing.

A quick Google will tell you what ldd is and how to work it.