CUPS cannot upgrade, Quirky-Beaver64(SOLVED)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
gychang

CUPS cannot upgrade, Quirky-Beaver64(SOLVED)

#1 Post by gychang »

I had Samsung M2020 printer working before in Quirky-Beaver64. Same setup but had to reinstall the Q-B64 since I swapped the SSD.

After installing the printer driver, with printer on, when I go to the opening CUPS web page everything looks good, but when I click on any tab (e.g. "add printer..."), I get an error page as illustrated. Firefox, Palemoon, and Seamonkey all behave the same. (same error).

I was able download the latest CUPS file but on extraction, I am left with lots of folders as seen. I am unsure how to install and get the printer working. Any help will be appreciated.
Attachments
capture3487.png
(227.53 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Screenshot.png
(32.15 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by gychang on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
---
trying to learn puppylinux... :D
---

p310don

#2 Post by p310don »

I would never recommend re-installing CUPS.

How did you install the printer driver? Clearly something has caused some issue, and trying to re-install CUPS will probably only compound the problems.

Samsung printers seems to be pretty easy to install, using the Samsung ULD (universal printer driver), or using a foomatic driver from openprinting often works for samsungs too.

gychang

#3 Post by gychang »

p310don wrote:I would never recommend re-installing CUPS.

How did you install the printer driver? Clearly something has caused some issue, and trying to re-install CUPS will probably only compound the problems.

Samsung printers seems to be pretty easy to install, using the Samsung ULD (universal printer driver), or using a foomatic driver from openprinting often works for samsungs too.
I reinstalled the latest printer driver and still the same issue...
---
---

gychang

#4 Post by gychang »

likely latest update of palemoon fixed the issue, now being redirected without problems...
---
---