/usr/sbin/pmime

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
s243a

/usr/sbin/pmime

#1 Post by s243a »

I notice a function in WoofCE that seems to set some mime-type related stuff. I think that the fixmenus function also does this via the .desktop files.

Anway, I first want to look at pmime and then consider whether or not the fixmenus function does anything differnet.
The file is located at:

Code: Select all

/usr/sbin/pmime
The function mimedefs() writes the file mimeapps.list, by first reading from the file defaults.list and then reading from alt.list. Both of these are temporary files that are written by this function (i.e. mimedefs()), which creates them by reading the variables $MIME_DEFAULTS and $MIME_ASSOCIATIONS respectively. Neither of these variables are defined in this file (ptheme). Instead they are defined in /etc/pmime.conf. This file is not part of my slacko64-6.9.9.9 base sfs.

This output file (mimeaps.list) is copied to /usr/share/application/mimeaps.list in the function mimedefs_apply(). I notice that in the slacko64.9.9.9, that this file doesn't show up in either the base sfs or in my save folder.

Two files are removed in this directory ad line#196:

rm -fv ${SYSROOT}/usr/share/applications/defaults.list
rm -fv ${SYSROOT}/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache #this file is always trouble
I'm not sure the reason for these deletions or the comment about mimeinfo.cache being trouble.

The only place currently that this script seems to be used currently is for building dpup stretch:

Line#207 woof-CE/woof-distro/x86/debian/stretch/_00build.conf:

./usr/sbin/pmime -norox -sysroot . mimedefs
./usr/sbin/pmime -sysroot . desktop