SoftMaker Suite is best

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
DanielSong39

#21 Post by DanielSong39 »

I can't seem to get FreeOffice working in Quirky 8.0 (64-bit)

The existing .pet for 2012 FreeOffice only work on older versions of Quirky or Puppy. I think they only work on versions that have 32-bit compatibility. No luck installing the 2016 .deb version either - I am always missing some dependencies.

Did anyone else try installing SoftMaker FreeOffice in a 64-bit Puppy or Quirky? If so, how did you do it?

DanielSong39

#22 Post by DanielSong39 »

I think I've found the problem.

The .deb files have i386 architecture and therefore need the 64-bit libraries to function properly. Since Quirky 8.0 (Xerus) is am64 architecture and does not have i386 compatibility, I won't be able to install the program.

I'll have to wait until FreeOffice comes out with a native 64-bit version. Full 32-bit compatibility is probably beyond the scope of Quirky Xerus.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pelo

64 bits is for Rock and Roll music

#23 Post by Pelo »

64 bits is for Rock and Roll music, not for working for the boss at the office :)
If two hands are 64 bits, one is 32, to type with two fingers is how many bits ?
I am joking, of course ! Euh, perhaps no.
At my office, during years i fullfilled cells in Excel and type processes in Word with Windows XP.
SoftMaker Suite is the office suite that i prefer too. But no need anymore now, however i keep all these suite in my Windows 7 hard Disk, in case of need.
I enjoy that our Puppy passengers had still serious work to do at home, not only playing with our small but delicious small Puppy Linux as I do all day long.
Attachments
PlanMaker.jpeg
Mon boulot !
(113.39 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

Burn_IT

#24 Post by Burn_IT »

Three nibbles.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett