tahrpup 6.0.2 forgets which sfs to load at startup

Using applications, configuring, problems
abhishek-kumar

tahrpup 6.0.2 forgets which sfs to load at startup

#1 Post by abhishek-kumar »

Hello,

I pretty convinced that this is a bug for some sorts but, re-confirming here if anybody could check and have similar results.

Whenever I shut down puppy Linux from Console (when X is not running) using

Code: Select all

poweroff
command, it forgets the which sfs to load in the next startup. I am using tahrpup 6.0.2

Robin2

Re: tahrpup 6.0.2 forgets which sfs to load at startup

#2 Post by Robin2 »

abhishek-kumar wrote:it forgets the which sfs to load in the next startup. I am using tahrpup 6.0.2
What happens at startup?
What do you want to happen?

Have you seen this enhanced boot params Thread

...R

abhishek-kumar

#3 Post by abhishek-kumar »

At startup it says that "layered filesystem have changed" and then does it's job of loading perfectly well till the X starts up, However the sfs which usually loads such as devx sfs and other sfs doesn't loads up. When I check settings at the bootmanager , all the sfs are removed from its entry.

Please note that this doesn't happens if I turn off the system directly from the GUI it only happens if I turn it off from console after closing X.

I am developing a programming language which I find it more comfortable to use console rather than X. But every time reboot or turn it off from console and then start it again it forgets all sfs.

I have checked the link referred. I don;t see any connection with my problem.

EDIT:

Erm.. okay noticed something. I have to shutdown twice (have to enter "poweroff" twice) to shut it off.

Any help appreciated :?

Robin2

#4 Post by Robin2 »

abhishek-kumar wrote: I have checked the link referred. I don;t see any connection with my problem.
There may not be, but I wondered if you could solve the problem by pre-defining the startup files so it does not have to search for them and fail to find them.

...R

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

Try using command:

Code: Select all

wmpoweroff
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)