What is the best Linux distro? (Solved)

Promote Puppy !
way12go

What is the best Linux distro? (Solved)

#1 Post by way12go »

What is the best linux distro?

PuppyLinux is the best distro for computers with 1 GB RAM if you need to use Google Chrome - which consumes almost all RAM depending upon websites.

If you have 1GB to 2 GB RAM then Debian Testing based Sparkylinux is the best linux distro.

As per my personal experience, Sparkylinux is the best linux distro ever.

And, Puppylinux is faster than Sparkylinux.

If you have very old computer or a relatively new computer with low hardware specs then Puppylinux and Sparkylinux are the best.

Puppylinux is faster but Sparkylinux is a rollingrelease which is far more user friendly than Puppylinux.

A guy who knows nothing about linux can find his way around with Sparkylinux but will end up making a mistake or two using Puppylinux.

If you have resources, all kinds of resources then any operating system can be tamed and, if you are low on all kinds of resources then Sparkylinux and Puppylinux are the best distros.

You can install Sparkylinux distro onto your harddisk and can install Puppylinux using frugal install option instead of full installation to the internal harddisk.

I just love Sparkylinux.

Time and again I've tested different linux distros and I now conclude Sparkylinux as the best linux distro.

Also Puppylinux is nothing short of a miracle.

Sparkylinux - simply the best.

I wish I had a better brain / all types of resources... Any way hp is releasing new super computers with hp's own OS.

Soon all other operating systems will bite dust.

The end of all operating systems is near.

It will be the birth of all new series of different operating systems.

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

lol Thanks for solving your own thread :shock: The smallest no X cli version is over twice the size of our full fatdog. Even when loading its dev and kernel source sfs it is still larger for its non xwindows cli only version.

Hope the future HP SuperLinux you Spammed on about eariler is not sparkleLinux. For some reason I keep hearing the theme music for Roboto movie.. Still waiting to buy that cool Indian robocop movie. :evil: Are you a roboPoster?

Ted Dog

#3 Post by Ted Dog »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AYf26yz3yw

Blows roboCop USA away.. just saying

way12go

I'm no spammer

#4 Post by way12go »

I'm no spammer but got to admit that some of the posts are off topic.

And, yeah Puppylinux or Fatdog are small but they don't come with several applications by default and are also not available on Package managers. Most of the packages have unmet dependencies and it seems they can't be installed without errors i.e; they seem to have their functionality impaired.

Yes I have formatted both my Desktop/Tower and Laptop with Puppylinux full install. I have Sparkylinux on USB Pendrive only.

I just love Puppylinux for my limited requirements and I love Sparkylinux depending upon everything not supported by Puppylinux.

One or two years ago I used Puppylinux and couldn't solve the problems I encountered. I've a dangerous mind disorder known as Paranoid Schizophrenia.

Earlier I used anti psychotics to lead a close to normal life.

Now, I use Olanzapine 10mg anti psychotic every night and 3 divided doses - 4.5 grams of niacin (also known as vitamin B3) and 400 mg Magnesium twice daily and now I'm having a relatively better life and now, I gained some experience and understanding and presence of mind and due to improvement in health I am able to be back with Puppy Linux.

My Working memory and long term memory are impaired so I couldn't keep up with Puppy Linux.

But medication, health supplements, sparkylinux and other linux experience gave me an insight on how to use great distributions like Puppy Linux with ease.

Yes I experienced almost zero problems with Sparkylinux.

Any way in my humble opinion

1. Puppylinux

and

2. Sparkylinux are the best linux distros ever.

It's just a personal opinion based on immature ability, understanding and personal experience.

darry1966

#5 Post by darry1966 »

Welcome to Puppy Linux Community which is made up of many diverse people including people who face challenges in their lives and enjoy using this fantastic operating system. So I wish you well and I'm sure our community is enriched by all who post here.

way12go

okay

#6 Post by way12go »

darry1966 wrote:Welcome to Puppy Linux Community which is made up of many diverse people including people who face challenges in their lives and enjoy using this fantastic operating system. So I wish you well and I'm sure our community is enriched by all who post here.
Thanks friend.

way12go

I'm blocked because of other guys.

#7 Post by way12go »

Today I tried three different linux distro forums and was blocked in all three forums saying my ip is blocked as spam and I was confused and thought that some setting or addon did it, later I read that the ip is blocked on behalf of isp so some guys from my isp must have spammed.

Right?

I'm no spammer.

Keisha

#8 Post by Keisha »

way12go wrote:I wish I had a better brain / all types of resources...
All of us wish we had a better Linux (or other OS)!

Debian is good and Sparkylinux looks like a well-done spin. Thanks for sharing this tip.

Over at
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90660
saintless, fredx181, and others are developing Puppy derivatives or workalikes based on Debian. Perhaps you can harness all this spiritual fire you obviously have, by studying this now-one-year-old thread? Maybe you can transform Sparkylinux into a Puppy?

Or, even better, use Sparkylinux as the base distro to build a Linux From Scratch http://www.linuxfromscratch.org , and then transform the Linux From Scratch into a Puppy? Dozens of us would welcome a LFS-based Puppy.

neerajkolte

#9 Post by neerajkolte »

Hi way12go,
If you would like 64bit, latest Fatdog64-700 Beta is made from LinuxFromScratch.
It's beta so you might like to wait sometime or use Fatdog64-631.
In the mean time feel free to ask anything.
This forum is quite friendly.
Thanks.

- Neeraj.
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code."
- Ken Thompson

“We tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.â€￾
- Amara’s Law.

way12go

I now use Puppylinux non pae

#10 Post by way12go »

I now use Puppylinux non pae

I've 1 GB RAM with dual core Desktop/Tower

and

2 GB RAM with 3rd Gen dual core laptop

and I've installed (32 bit) - non pae on both of them and I use Sparkylinux on USB pendrive as live OS.

Good thing is, someone has made firefox and google chrome portable apps available for puppy linux tahr pup and that is all I need.

If Google Chrome and Firefox are not available I would prefer Sparkylinux.

Thanks.