Any problems with Linux on FIOS?

sfl7fl

Any problems with Linux on FIOS?

#1 Post by sfl7fl »

I am assuming with fios there is an ethernet connection. are there any foreseeable problems using puppy with fios. i will have an install july 7th. has anyone done this. are the techs able to do this. if need be i can use puppy as a frugal install on windows xp, that is if windows is needed. the hardware is plenty for fios. i just want to use puppy

Nooblet0218

#2 Post by Nooblet0218 »

no, no problems but the tech guy won't be able to do anything. but it really isn't complicated to set up. just run the puppy network wizard, it'll be like any other LAN

ajlec2000

#3 Post by ajlec2000 »

I'm posting this with Thnake, a Puppy 4.3.1 variant, over FIOS. Its just fiber optic broadband. Verizon does put some kind of anti-malware on MS hindered computers but luckily they don't "support" Linux so I haven't had to deal with that. I have a companion running Vista on the same line and her comp has the anti-malware on it. Like many of Vista's own utilities it seems to do what it wants and when it wants.
I myself have no problem connecting and surfing on Fios with my Puppys or my Ubuntu.