Trying to install gpredict, libraries missing

Using applications, configuring, problems
Semme

#21 Post by Semme »

No worries. Are you back on.... Xenial? 32, 64? Based on your opening post I suspected Tahr.

Your initial problem sounded as though there was an issue with Pups pkg manager. At the time I wasn't sure you understood which *listed* repos to choose and whether updating them was a success.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Hetejas

#22 Post by Hetejas »

Mike Walsh wrote:@ Hetejas:-

Just FYI, gpredict installs into, and runs flawlessly from, radky's DPup 'Stretch' 7.5. Thought you might like to know.

Mike. :wink:
It did install seamlessly Mike, Thanks !!!

Semme

#23 Post by Semme »

Folks, it was seamless on Tahr, Xenial and Bionic as well.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Mike Walsh

#24 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hetejas wrote:
Mike Walsh wrote:@ Hetejas:-

Just FYI, gpredict installs into, and runs flawlessly from, radky's DPup 'Stretch' 7.5. Thought you might like to know.

It did install seamlessly Mike, Thanks !!!
Thank you for the heads-up about gPredict. I didn't even know that existed; it's quite interesting, once you start playing about with it. It's already answered a few questions I've had about telecoms and TV satellites for several years..!

I'm inclined to believe Semme's right; I've just installed it into 64-bit Xenialpup and Bionicpup, and it installs, and runs, without any fuss at all. Most of what it requires to run appears to be 'standard issue' for 'buntu-based Pups; in each case, it only pulled in one single dependency, and that was a 'common-files' .deb. Tahrpup shouldn't be any different.

I might see if I can knock together a package for jrb's Quirky64-7.0.1-'lite'.