Black screen after text scroll on Raspberry Pi 3 A+

Booting, installing, newbie
ggv94

Black screen after text scroll on Raspberry Pi 3 A+

#1 Post by ggv94 »

Hi,I installed Puppy Linux Alpha 4using BerryBoot on my Raspberry Pi 3 A+. When booting, it shows the text scroll screen but after that it goes to a black screen. There's no mouse or blinking cursor.
Do you know what can be the problem and if there's a solution?

enrique

Re: Black screen after text scroll on Raspberry Pi 3 A+

#2 Post by enrique »

ggv94
Interesting another black screen. I do not have Raspberry Pi. But you could try adding pfix=rdsh to boot into terminal. Then look at your logs for error clues at /var/log/ in particular look for /var/log/Xorg.0.log and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old

ggv94

#3 Post by ggv94 »

How can I do that? I get the boot menu from berryboot, after that a bit of text from the Raspberry itself and the text scroll screen of Puppy Linux.

By the way, the message as shown in the first image popped up, so I decided to set up x and test it. Everything worked fine, but when I had to start xwin it resulted in a black screen.
About the log files, I'm looking up how to copy the content to read it, bc they're long and I cannot apply the filter more bc of the keyboard layout so a lot of text goes off the screen size.
X message: https://ibb.co/MGJPfsS
X test: https://ibb.co/n6MBHRw

enrique

#4 Post by enrique »

ggv94

This is out of my league. I assume your is a Puppy like any others. So I assume its kernel will accept Puppy Kernel Commands!!

I assume in some place you have a bootloader that load your kernel. You have to "append" in front of vmlinuz pfix=rdsh. This command will STOP boot process after kernel loads. It will NOT execute Xorg. Allowing you to use your monitor to inspect your files. You may have to manually mount a disk in order to save your findings.

I will be reading those files.

Edit. I see there are no files but images.

Uhh! You do use packed images, made with kpartx & squashfs. Quick search show no easy way to append commands. My best guess it requires unpack change and repack the images.

Listen I am pretty sure you only have to search for a Working Image.

Just go to google and do

Code: Select all

Raspberry site:murga-linux.com
That will search on our forum. Try to get a working image.