Cinelerra GG 'Infinity' 5.1 - for DPup 'Stretch'

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Mike Walsh

Cinelerra GG 'Infinity' 5.1 - for DPup 'Stretch'

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Afternoon, all.

Y'all know about my ongoing interest in all kinds of video-editors by now. You probably remember the amount of interest I showed in the old Cinelerra thread, started by don570 some years ago. I built several Puppy 'variations' using different builds of Cinelerra, though they were somewhat 'buggy', to say the least.

The community based around the product from Heroine Virtual has forked it in several ways. One of these was Cinelerra GG, usually based around the most recent 'stable' release, but it's now been turned into a kind of 'rolling release' with regular updates, upgrades and improvements on a monthly basis.

This, boys & girls, is the current 'snapshot' of

Cinelerra GG 'Infinity' 5.1

And it's been well worth the wait.

Unlike previous versions packaged for Puppy, this one offers the smoothest experience yet. Files load with no hassle, everything runs silky-smooth and sweet as a nut; considering, apparently, the sheer amount of input, patches & brand-new code from professionals in the TV, film & media sector, this is almost a free version of Adobe Premiere now, with broad hints of After-Effects.

I always liked the previous release of the original 5.1; to my mind, it always showed the most promise for becoming more user-friendly.....and considering the power & advanced features it now boasts 'under the hood' - in addition to a welcome re-vamp of the user interface - this is now showing every sign of becoming a really nice addition to the Puppy repos......and even offering support, via multiple plugins, for many of the very recent, modern formats (including stuff like the .webm format favoured by YouTube.)

It's always had a bit of a learning curve, compared to things like Openshot, but at least there is a very comprehensive 'User Manual' just for this specific release - all 644 pages of it! - and running out at around the 40 MB mark. Ouch!

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/Cinel ... Manual.pdf

As it weighs in at around the 70 MB mark, I've built this package for radky's sublime DPup 'Stretch' as an SFS. If anyone's interested, you can find it here:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jdclzu ... sp=sharing

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink: