CUPS corrupted? (dead end)

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
quenyan

#21 Post by quenyan »

bigpup wrote:It is a computer :shock:
I know what is wrong, but you would not understand! :lol: :lol:
Not! :lol:
I think computers just like messing with people!!

Anyway, is the printer working now??

We are Puppy!
Resistance is futile!
Im sorry buddy, I give up. I just want a stable lightweight OS which can do typing thing, browsing, and printing...

I dont need playing games in the laptop, I dont need steam games.

well, this "fixing" linux thing has been going on for months, all it got me frustated, angers. a little achievement I got in fixing it just cannot be covered when other problem occurs, its just useless.

So, yeah, I edited the first post and I hope people can understand why I dont choose linux, I got life to live and many things to worry or work on about, I cant sit all day doing this so that my wife mad at me. thank you for all ya support, and good bye.

Mike Walsh

#22 Post by Mike Walsh »

quenyan wrote:it is helpful for people who is having trouble installing ip1900 driver on linux 64bit system, since canon themself claim that there is no driver for 64bit linux machine.
EPSON will tell you to your face that they don't do Linux drivers, but they've got an entire database full of the things..! Moral; don't take what the manufacturers tell you literally.

Do some digging. And when you think you can't get any further.....dig some more. There's a solution out there for everything.

I ended up using Epson's WorkForce 'enterprise' drivers for a domestic printer/scanner. But.....it works. And that's what I wanted it to do. I've hung onto the drivers ever since, because they're 'age-related' for this particular hardware.....and they work with every Puppy I've ever tried. Newer versions don't function correctly.

Mike. :wink:

quenyan

#23 Post by quenyan »

Mike Walsh wrote:
quenyan wrote:it is helpful for people who is having trouble installing ip1900 driver on linux 64bit system, since canon themself claim that there is no driver for 64bit linux machine.
EPSON will tell you to your face that they don't do Linux drivers, but they've got an entire database full of the things..! Moral; don't take what the manufacturers tell you literally.

Do some digging. And when you think you can't get any further.....dig some more. There's a solution out there for everything.

I ended up using Epson's WorkForce 'enterprise' drivers for a domestic printer/scanner. But.....it works. And that's what I wanted it to do. I've hung onto the drivers ever since, because they're 'age-related' for this particular hardware.....and they work with every Puppy I've ever tried. Newer versions don't function correctly.

Mike. :wink:
Well, I love digging things, but the problem is that I dont have the freakin time. Linux is for someone who got a lot of free time. I do love puppy, not lying here, but well "the printer" thing is a big wall for me/puppy.

quenyan

#24 Post by quenyan »

@Mike Walsh
btw mike, I actually did my last effort, I searched about gutenprint driver and installed it. Upon adding the new printer in CUPS the ip1900 is on the list, it was a succesful install. but when I tried to print, it says "filter failed" in the printing status, idk what that means. Can you solve that for me?