'Portable' Thunderbird - current 68.0 - 32 & 64-bit

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
fredx181

#21 Post by fredx181 »

Dr. backi wrote:Hi Fred !Mike !
Why not use Mike's Thunderbird 64-bit portable on BionicDog 64bit ?
Stupid me......completely overlooked!
That can happen to the best, Dr. Backi :D
Btw, congrats with all your new hardware stuff, nice !!

Fred

backi

#22 Post by backi »

300 bucks for refurbished Dell Precision-- M6600--- I5 Processor--- 17zoll 1920x1080 Ful-lHd Screen - NVIDIA Quadro 3000M Card --8gb Ram.----Dell GF104 High Definition Audio Controller ---
Incredible good Sound with Headphones for my Table Disco .

This Beast cost new more than 1500 euro or even more.....and it really rocks..
My old Clunker Toshiba L40 13c was a single Core 1 Gb Ram.
Did hesitate long Time to buy new one ...was a bit skeptical about buying second Hand Machine.
Did some research about Shop .....has good very good Reputation. ....but now i am a really happy Camper .Glad i did it .
It is like switching from a Donkey Cart to a Maserati ...lots of Fun .
Maybe a bit overkill compared to my former Standart.

I think it is a good Concept to buy non-expensive refurbished machines .
Somehow a Win Win Concept .....in these "buy and throw away " Days .
Who could ask for more?

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Dell-Prec ... 138.0.html

Jayson

Re: 'Portable' Thunderbird - current 60.5.1

#23 Post by Jayson »

Working on Tahr 6.0.6 with the send later plugin so I don't seem like an ahole sending emails at 1am. Thanks, Mike!

Mike Walsh

Re: 'Portable' Thunderbird - current 60.5.1

#24 Post by Mike Walsh »

Jayson wrote:Working on Tahr 6.0.6 with the send later plugin so I don't seem like an ahole sending emails at 1am. Thanks, Mike!
You're very welcome, Jayson. Hope it proves useful for ya.

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink:

Mike Walsh

#25 Post by Mike Walsh »

New release - Thunderbird-68.0-portable

Evening, everybody.

Here are the new portable Thunderbird releases; Thunderbird 68.0.

'Install' following the usual procedure. Unzip the tarball. Move the resulting 'thunderbird32' or 'thunderbird64' directory to a location of your choice.....better if outside your pup-save, naturally. Start from the 'tb' script within. (This can be dragged to the desktop, tarted up with an icon (if you want), and used as your launcher.)

First run of the script creates the internal 'profile' directory, and then the profile itself inside of that. Second and subsequent runs of the 'launch script' will always start Thunderbird-portable with its internal profile.....so you can copy the 'thunderbird32/64' directory anywhere you like; even other machines. As long as you always use the 'launch script' to start it, it'll just fire up.

------------------------------------------------

For anybody already using the previous portable - Thunderbird 60 - simply copy your existing profile directory across before you start it for the first time. This way, T-Bird will fire up with everything already set-up the way you like it.

Following this procedure, you avoid the current issue with the standard release where a new profile is always created with a new version, even when an existing profile is placed in the expected location. This echoes the current practice with the FF 'Quantum' browser.

Please be aware that the 'FireTray' extension is, once again, 'broken'.....and is likely to remain that way until some kind soul decides to re-write it. AGAIN.

-------------------------------------------------

32- and 64-bit packages can be found here:-

ThunderBird 68.0

Help yourselves to the version you want, and.....enjoy.

Mike. :wink: