Dillo-3.0.5 compiled in various Puppies

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Sailor Enceladus

#41 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

foxpup wrote:I find it strange it works just like that in FF. Is that without any extension?
I think the trick only works in an older version of Firefox (at least up to FF28, but not sure which ones higher). It didn't work for me in Palemoon, Firefox 52esr, Slimjet, or Microsoft Edge, to name a few other. Kind of neat and a bit faster than using an online youtube to mp4 converter, though there are a few videos that older Firefox doesn't load (so those ones can't be saved in that way I think). One thing that might be interesting is to try older versions of Palemoon and see if it works in any version of them, which might pinpoint what exactly was changed to stop you from being able to do it in the newer versions, and then maybe ask the author to add the "feature" back. :)

8Geee

#42 Post by 8Geee »

Sailor may be onto something here... I'm using FF27, and while I do have Download Youtube as mp4 as an add-on, that feature puts a button on the page. Just click and select your size. the addon does not use the FF Download tool. Its an addon trick. IIRC in my original works, a right-click on the movie panel would offer a Save video as with the rename mentioned previously. Right now, the rightclick on the video itself opens two lists, one by google (black and under), and one by FF (above with theme color, in my case lite green).

And yes, I did remove a link in my default (included with ff27e and AtomicPup) bookmark list that did a convert.

I tested this with a D/L of a Tecsun radio comparison vid. All went well, and the download tool was used for the rightclick version of the download.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."